ECG at home
An electrocardiogram (ECG) screens and documents the electrical activity of the heart. It tends to investigate and detect heart diseases like heart inflammation, heart enlargement, and coronary heart disease by studying the rhythm of the heart. There is a specific shape of the ECG detection of healthy hearts. If there is any irregularity in the activity or the rhythm of the heart, there will be a change in the shape of the ECG rhythm.
Normally you can find ECGs at hospitals and diagnostic centres, but now portable devices of ECG are easily available in the mark to check the unusual heart activities easily for home healthcare. This is highly favourable for women and the elderly, who do not want to go through the hassle of visiting a formal clinic to get their heartbeat tested.
Challenges faced by different category of people as they have to get clinical-grade ECG tests done
- People, generally women and the aged face many challenges when they are asked to get an ECG done. Let us study these:
- They have to wait in long queues in the hospital and wait for hours for their turn. This exposes them to other infections like COVID and hampers their safety and security.
- Pregnant women and old people have a difficult time waiting for their turn or visiting hospitals, especially when the distance is huge.
- Follow-up of ECG, medication and regular visitations to Doctors post the test again is cumbersome and expensive for many.
- Females could have issues with their comfort level getting an ECG at a hospital, or they could be too shy regarding visiting a diagnostic centre.
- There has been a finding of many people being at risk, so ECG at home is a boon to get it accessible at large for school students, Corporates, Insurance Companies, Primary Healthcare clinics, B2B oriented and home-bound patients.
- While travelling or when on vacation, if there is any health issue, It becomes difficult and complex for the patient to visit a doctor or a hospital in an unknown place. These portable devices can be carried anywhere while travelling to keep a stringent check on underlying heart conditions and to promote digital healthcare and holistic health of the heart.
Problem-Solving and Portability factors of medical-grade ECG at home
The conventional ECG machines have been overtaken by innovations in sensor technologies that have made it possible to electronically record electric impulses from the heart at home.
- This wearable technology can record cardiac impulses, in out‐of‐hospital settings for extended periods, especially for females, and home healthcare for elderly within households, training, and public places.
- The transmissions and obtained waveforms are immediately investigated for expert interpretation and generate computerized reports.
- The accuracy and dependability of clinical-grade ECG at home are increasing day by day.
- ECG home monitor is well suitable for a home check-up to monitor the conditions and progress of women and older patients. These are inexpensive and quality portable ECG monitors that need little. Finally, data can be relayed to a doctor immediately.
- It’s a great initiative to enhance access to more people across the world.
- It's a compact, lightweight, and portable device that can be moved from a traditional hospital scenario to remote areas. It has the potential to save lives through the early detection of heart ailments.
- The home ECG device with a battery is less than seven pounds that enable clinicians to carry it like a briefcase. The battery can go on for roughly two hours of continuous operation and can manage up to 250 patient reports. It has a quick four-hour recharge time that further helps reduce downtime.
Convenient for Females and geriatric patients
- The rapidly ageing population and women with internal complications have come with a prominent increase in the effects of chronic diseases, thus the need for enhanced welfare and care.
- Smart ECG home systems allow females and older adults against institutionalization in a nursing home and reassure them as a promising approach to facilitate independent living.
- ECG at home provides a new opportunity for diagnosis, teleconsultation, management, treatment, awareness, and rehabilitation to monitor patients.
- It also mitigates socioeconomic disparity and provides opportunities for medical assistance to everyone – whether dwelling in a rural or an urban area.
- ECG at home has undoubtedly become an integral part of diagnostic technologies that are desirable, familiar, usable, easily accessible, and cost-effective.
How tech like Cardiotrack is providing such a unique and one-stop solution using IoT to help to bring the facilities at home?
Cardiotrack's integrated devices
Cardiotrack’s Integrated Software Platform contains mobile apps for patients, clinics, and doctors. They come with integrated medical devices and secure cloud technology. These devices are based on Integrated Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence-based ECG interpretation, Interface APIs for integration with any HIS, HMS, or other mobile application.
- Modern telemedicine and Cardiotrack Carbon are widely accepted and relied upon by thousands of doctors, nurses, females, and home operators for efficient digital healthcare services.
- Cardiotrack provides a unique and one-stop solution using IoT to bring the facilities at home with a test done from 12 Lead ECG via trained phlebotomist and doctor consultation thereafter.
- These also comprise Cloud-enabled solutions that offer real-time access to ECG data through any browser for remote diagnosis. Doctors can deliver teleconsultation by sharing ECGs through WhatsApp or email.
IoT makes it possible to collect data through diagnostic-grade ECG devices
The new Internet of Things - IoT and healthcare paradigm allows for the ECG Monitor for a home check-up with sensing, processing, and communication capabilities which enable the development of sensors to monitor human biomedical signals in activities involving physical exertion.
The emerging IoT is concentrated on collecting and processing data everywhere and all the time.
The IoT and healthcare within Home ECG systems provide:
- Complete Data that captures and classifies every heartbeat.
- Complete Analysis, with proprietary algorithms that run full statistical analyses based on the complete data set.
- Complete Reporting that combines the quantitative analysis of ECG signal and provides easy-to-read graphical charts, trends, and picture of the heart rhythm.
- Increased diagnostic yield.
Doctor opinion at home
With the modern diagnostic-grade ECG device for home healthcare, you can get health tips and a second opinion on health records within minutes. You can track your health through connected medical devices and reach out to a specialist within 90 seconds for online teleconsultation.
This easy-to-use heart monitor can deliver results in 30 seconds, and you can get a quick opinion on the ECG report from an expert Doctor.